I can’t believe this is my first July post! I’ve been crazy busy but still made time for five cupcakes (so far) this summer.
1. Lime-raspberry cupcakes were a tasty entry in the Vegan Cupcake Bake-Off hosted by Rock Paper Scissors in Oakland (read about it here) in June. It was there that I received a newfound appreciation for judges on reality TV cooking competitions.
2. Whole Foods crafted owl cupcakes for graduation season (is this a yearly tradition?). They were cute, but not enough to eat.
3. K baked nautical cupcakes for S & H’s surprise engagement party. H has a weakness for ships.
4. Fancy candles topped A’s gluten-free birthday cupcakes. The box claimed the flames would match the color of the candles, and they appeared to do just that.
5. Fourth of July cupcakes look good in front of everything.